Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The War in Afghanistan

Does anyone really think that we will begin getting out of Afghanistan in the year 2011? What I mean is, there may be a temporary pull out, but how long will it be before we have to redeploy the soldiers to reach the previous troop numbers.


Currently, I am on the fence with this issue. It has been 8 years and we still haven't found Bin Laden. I'm not saying that it is an easy job to do, but when a man is responsible for a huge anti terrorism campaign and 2 wars, we don't need to worry about other people’s feelings. Our allies should either go in to their own uncontrollable areas with military force and lay down the law, or our men should be allowed to cross the border and stop the flow of insurgent men and supplies into our war zone. Yes, I am talking about Pakistan, they claim to be one of our biggest allies yet we can't pursue the enemy across their border.

What has happened to the days of fighting a war to win it not to play politics in another country? I am not bashing the war, I support every man and woman there and I support the decision to go in. But what I don't support is sending our men and women in to fight and die and then 8 years later pulling out with the job half finished. The American people should buckle down and our government should handle the situation with all of our military might.

After this week, Karzai decides to go on television and explain that the Afghan people need more time and that the United States and our Allies should be patient. Personally I don't think that we should be patient with him. I think that we should remove him from office if even half of the allegations about voter fraud were correct. We are the ones that put him in charge of the government, and at its second major election as a democratic nation, there are wide spread issues with voter fraud, in his favor. Our putting him in office originally makes us look bad and we should show that we are in it to fix it and corrupt officials won’t be tolerated.

Anyway these are just my thoughts on some of the week’s news. Let me hear what you have to say. Any point of view is accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment